SUBMISSIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED
Two of Cups is excited to read for its annual chapbook contest between April 15th and June 15th. One winning manuscript will be chosen by 2015 winner, Raegen Pietrucha. Winner will be announced August 1st, the author receiving 25 copies of his/her book. Two finalists (chosen by our editor) will receive 10 copies of his/her book. A list of honorable mentions will receive recognition on our website.
Style & theme are open.
Please adhere to the following guidelines. We look forward to reading your work. Best of luck!
- Reading period open from April 15th – June 15th (2016)
- Simultaneous submissions accepted and encouraged but please notify us immediately if your work is accepted for publication elsewhere. We will be the first to congratulate you!
- 15-25 pages of poetry (or thereabouts, just try to keep it close)
- Table of contents & acknowledgments (if needed)
- 12 pt Times New Roman (or similar font)
- We will not be reading blind this year so no need to stress over identifying info
- If you would like a copy of one of our chaps (please see more info below) be sure to include a US mailing address on your title page/cover sheet
There are two options to submit:
An entry fee of $10 (plus $2 s&h) will not only help support our press but will get you a copy of one of our titles (shipped to a US address only; we apologize, but we cannot ship outside of the US due to cost.) We accept payment through PayPal or a $12 check (made out to Leigh Anne Hornfeldt) if you are not submitting electronically.
Or submit fee free. We’re writers too and understand that contests add up. While we hope you are able to financially support our press and our poets we understand this is not always possible. Submitting fee free will, of course, in no way impact your chances of winning, however, this option will not come with a copy of one of our titles.
This year we will not consider multiple submissions, the only exception being multi-authored collections. If you submit a multi-authored collection you may also submit ONE single author collection of your own. In the event of a multi-authored collection, winners will receive 25 total gratis copies.
Electronic submissions should be sent as .doc or .docx files to
Postal submissions should be postmarked by June 15th and sent to
Two of Cups Press
PO Box 38095
Greensboro, NC 27438
Still have questions or need to withdraw your manuscript? Please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!