SUBMISSIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED. WE ARE LEAVING THIS INFO ON OUR WEBSITE WHILE WE ARE ON HIATUS SO THAT PEOPLE MAY GET A GENERAL IDEA OF HOW OUR PROCESS WORKS WHEN WE RELAUNCH IN 2022. PLEASE DO NOT QUERY US AS WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY READING MANUSCRIPTS.
Two of Cups is excited to read for its annual chapbook contest between April 15th and June 15th. One winning manuscript will be chosen by the previous year’s winner. Winner will be announced August 1st, the author receiving 25 copies of their book. Two finalists (chosen by our editor) will receive 10 copies of their book. A list of honorable mentions will receive recognition on our website.
Style & theme are open.
Please adhere to the following guidelines. We look forward to reading your work. Best of luck!
- Reading period open from April 15th – June 15th (2016)
- Simultaneous submissions accepted and encouraged but please notify us immediately if your work is accepted for publication elsewhere. We will be the first to congratulate you!
- 15-25 pages of poetry (or thereabouts, just try to keep it close)
- Table of contents & acknowledgments (if needed)
- 12 pt Times New Roman (or similar font)
- Please include personal information (identifying info) on a separate cover sheet. We want to know who you are. Previous publishing amount will not affect your submission but we do want to make sure we are publishing poets whose work and ideals align with our values
- If you would like a copy of one of our chaps (please see more info below) be sure to include a US mailing address on your title page/cover sheet
There are two options to submit:
An entry fee of $10 (plus $2 s&h) will not only help support our press but will get you a copy of one of our titles (shipped to a US address only; we apologize, but we cannot ship outside of the US due to cost.) We accept payment through PayPal.
Or submit fee free. We’re writers too and understand that contests add up. While we hope you are able to financially support our press and our poets we understand this is not always possible. Submitting fee free will, of course, in no way impact your chances of winning, however, this option will not come with a copy of one of our titles.
This year we will not consider multiple submissions, the only exception being multi-authored collections. If you submit a multi-authored collection you may also submit ONE single author collection of your own. In the event of a multi-authored collection, winners will receive 25 total gratis copies.
Electronic submissions should be sent as .doc or .docx files to
Postal submissions should be postmarked by June 15th and sent to
Still have questions or need to withdraw your manuscript? Please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!